Friday, February 12, 2010

Miss Thing - Pop Tarts Night

I can not express how thrilled I was when I found out that Heklina was going to be bringing a new monthly drag event to Portland!  I instantly knew I wanted to be involved, so was even more ecstatic when she asked me to come on board as a co-producer and permanent judge for the show!

We had our first competition this Wednesday and it was fucking incredible!  These girls brought it!  As I was booking contestants I tried to stress to the girls that this show is the big time.  Anything short of their best would not be acceptable.  And they listened and delivered!

Our first show's winner is the truly divalicious Ecstacy Inferno!  She pounded that stage with her dance moves and four backup dancers to Whitney Houston's "Million Dollar Bill" and it truly was one of the best (if not the best) drag number I have seen since moving to Portland!  Congratulations Ecstacy!  I can't wait to see what she puts together for the finale show in November!

Next months theme is "Broadway Babes" and I can't wait to see what all the girls will pull out for this one. What I can promise is that it is going to be a bigger show with more fabulous divas for your entertainment! The bar has been set and you can expect nothing but the very best Portland has to offer every month at Miss Thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment