Monday, February 15, 2010

Queen of the Week - Sherry Vine


Name: Sherry Vine
Age: Blonde
Location: NYC
Single or taken? Taken
What is your drag style like?  Las Vegas Barbie on crack!
How long does it take you to get ready in drag? I like to have 90 minutes, no rushing, but if it's a photo shoot or special event 2-3 hours.  Girl that's a lot of paint!
Do you have a favorite number you perform? For comedy Sherrylicious (to the tune of Fergilicious) and for drama - Kiss Of The Spiderwoman.
Where can we see you perform?  Sunday "The Sherry Vine Show" at Barracuda; Monday DJing at "Big SexyLand" @ eastern bloc and Wednesday "The Blonde Leading The Blonde" with Epiphany at Vlada.  I also perform all over the States and Europe so check my schedule at www.SherryVine.com
How did you first get into drag?  It was for a school project when I was studying theatre and something clicked.  It turned into a career and I have been blessed!
Who have been your biggest inspirations? So many... I draw inspiration from so many different people and things... but Debbie Harry for sure!  Joey Arias, Jackie Beat, Justin Bond to name a few.
What would be your three biggest tips for a new drag queen? 1. Find your own style!  2. Develop a talent that sets you apart from everyone else - be special!   3. get the money first!
If you could perform anywhere in the world where would it be and why? I've been so lucky to have performed all over the world but I would love to do a big old school gorgeous show with costumes and dancers at Carnegie Hall.
What is something that might surprise us all about you?  Total fx nerd!  Live for big splashy fx movies!  I read a lot.  And I'm actually a nice person who works hard staying normal and down to earth.  
What makeup items could you not live without?  Big eyelashes and ultra bright lip gloss!
Do you design any of your clothes, create any of your wigs, etc?  I am not artsy craftsy at all!!  Thank goddess I have friends who do my outfits and wigs.  I am always tearing pages out of magazines with ideas and then we make it "sherry vine".  lol
What has been your all time greatest moment in drag? Girl, I wouldn't know where to start!!  Performing with Madonna on MTV was a highlight for sure.  
What else should we know about you? I'll tell you anything you want - just ask!!  MEOW!!

No comments:

Post a Comment