Monday, February 02, 2009

Queen of the Week - Isis Vermouth


I met Isis Vermouth in my early days of performing in NYC.  She was fun, fabulous and always had outstanding makeup!  She is now spreading her fabulousness around the US, performing in both NY and FLorida. 

Name: Isis Vermouth

Age: 126 human years

Location: Hudson Valley, NY

Single or taken? Depends on how much $$ you have!

What is your drag style like? Creature Feature, I do full body airbrush at times.

How long does it take you to get ready in drag? 2-4hrs

Do you have a favorite number you perform? Love Song - Snake River Conspiracy

Where can we see you perform? Panama City FL, Hudson Valley NY or you could just google me!!



How did you first get into drag? I hated the queens in my area... they were very boring no color. It was kind of a joke to start with and it just exploded from there.

Who have been your biggest inspirations? Lady Esther Gin, Leigh Bowery, Lady Bunny.. they're not afraid to over step the boundaries!

What would be your three biggest tips for a new drag queen? Learn to walk in Heels, Be original, Color and lots of it!

If you could perform anywhere in the world where would it be and why? In the white house.. you know why!

What is something that might surprise us all about you? I'm very hairy and I look nothing like my drag persona!

What makeup items could you not live without? Eyeliner I wear it in and out of drag.

Do you design any of your clothes, create any of your wigs, etc? Most of my costumes are custom designed I get them as gifts for doing make up at fashion shows or trade, My wigs I buy the cheap wigs in the discount bin and turn them into pieces of art.



What has been your all time greatest moment in drag? Walking up the side walk to go into Dennys... everyone inside had there faces glued to the window checking us all out
and when we got under the lights they all started screaming. They quickly realized they were check out chicks with D!cks.


What else should we know about you? I'm a down to earth kind of boy in my off time. I think that drag is an art form. If you're going to try it stand out be daring and push the limits. No one wants to hire a performer that does the same act as everyone else.

To find out more about Isis Vermouth check out her Myspace Page.

No comments:

Post a Comment