Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Queen of the Week - Diamond Dunhill



Diamond Dunhill was a huge crowd favorite on the Rupaul's Drag Race site. Nobody dedicated more time to saying hi to everyone and making friends. She currently resides in Florida, but the girl gets around and currently has shows planned in both Chicago and Boston. Here is a little more about Diamond Dunhill!

Name:
Diamond "DD" Dunhill

Age: I'm "28" On MySpace til My"Real" Birthday... July 31!

Location: From Maine To Miami... Currently In Hollywood U.S.A. (...Florida!)

Single or taken? Single

What is your drag style like? Um... I Guess I Emulate What I Look Like & Conduct Myself As The Woman I Would Most Likely Be If I Was "24/7".

How long does it take you to get ready in drag? 2 minutes to Shave, 17 minutes to Paint & 1 to Duct Tape!

Do you have a favorite number you perform? Simply Anything By My Idol Donna Summer.

Where can we see you perform? Every Wednesday through Saturday in Hollywood, Florida @ Trixies Hollywood ShowBar PLUS Every Sunday @ Bill's Trannie Palace Sundays in Wilton Manors/Ft Lauderdale Florida.

How did you first get into drag? I was the promoter of Boston's 1st & Only Gay Asian Night "Dragon Tea Dance" in Hometown Boston, Massachusetts. Because I was/am too shy to Host/Emcee on stage as a boy, I was painted and Diamond Dunhill was born Sunday September 19, 1999.

Who have been your biggest inspirations? Donna Summer foremost. The legacy of My Sister Zola who watches My career from NYC. The guidance and strength From My Mother & Tip-C from Above.



What would be your three biggest tips for a new drag queen? Passion. Niceness (is that a word?). Class before Trash! (Switch things up later in Life!)

If you could perform anywhere in the world where would it be and why? On TV... An Audience i could reach like Donna Summer did when i grew up! I wanted to be just like her!

What is something that might surprise us all about you? I Eat ALL the time, I Don't Know How to Drive & I'm "28" On MySpace!

What makeup items could you not live without? Anything M-A-C (Cosmetics) especially Carbon, Smolder, Nightmoth, Flammable, Fascinating &... DUCT TAPE!

Do you design any of your clothes, create any of your wigs, etc? No, I Have Friends like Franchesque Richards assist me.

What has been your all time greatest moment in drag? Currently... the adoration & respect from the recent RuPaul Drag Race On-Line Voting Poll Site.

What else should we know about you? Very Sensitive, Love What I Do & Will Smile Forever!
YOWSAH!
...and I LOVE Dunkin' Donuts!!





To find out more about Diamond Dunhill check out her myspace page.

No comments:

Post a Comment