Saturday, January 09, 2010

My Anniversary!

Thursday was my 3 year anniversary with my wonderful man! It's hard to believe that it's already been 3 years. Time flies by so fast!

We went out to an incredible meal at Paley's Place here in Portland. If you are looking for fine dining in this city you should definitely give them a try! I have eaten at restaurants of some of the best chefs in the world, Thomas Keller, David Boulay, Todd English, Traci Des Jardins, just to name a few. But the meal I had at Paley's Place seriously rivaled the best I've ever had! I had heard wonderful things about the Portland food scene, but I had no idea there were places that good! Chef Vitaly Paley is dedicated to serving the most fresh, local, sustainable foods he can procure and the ever changing menu reflects that. He definitely has a love and an incredible understanding of food and it comes through on your plate!

After dinner, my honey whisked me off to a rooftop garden spa suite at the Hotel Vintage Plaza! Once again Portland exceeded my expectations! Who knew there were gems like this here? We had a fabulous terrace overlooking downtown Portland complete with hot tub and the room was gorgeous! And my man had taken the time to make sure everything was perfect as well! Rose petals on the bed, champagne chilled and waiting with strawberries. And he managed to pull all this off without me having a clue he was setting it up.

It was the most fabulous anniversary of my life and I really realized how blessed I am to have someone as wonderful as my man! I truly am one of the luckiest people in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment